Wednesday, February 13, 2013

hearts


When I asked some time ago about what to put in the pallet box to put it to use until spring, some friends had fantastic ideas.  I made these simple stitched and stuffed hearts and hope to make twice as many more for next year so the box is overflowing.  As my friend suspected, my son has a great time playing with them and we use them to practice colors, sorting, and frequently to employ his busy body while we finish grown-up dinner.  My son loves them so much he is napping with one right now!  
Making them was fun too and was a very relaxing evening activity. I used standard felt sheets as well as flannel and embroidery floss doubled up for a very thick stitch. A planned crafternoon to make a matching heart garland for the mantel didn't pan out but I have all the supplies ready to make it happen next year.







2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the hearts! Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fantastic! So happy they were Ben-approved as well. :)

    ReplyDelete