Monday, February 4, 2013

while paint dries.........

you can get SO much done!  It has been WAY too long since we've had a productive weekend around our house.  My anxiety level was very telling of just how long.  Between house-guests, out-of-town weddings and birthdays, the to-do list was only growing with no check-marks in sight.  When my husband walked in after work on Friday night talking to his Dad on the phone about the Tool Show I only cackled, "bwhahaha Bahahahah!" It was an evil cackle and my husband nodded having already told his Dad he couldn't go but letting me be the bad guy, and I was ok with that.  Sometimes there is lots of evil necessary for productivity.
The most exciting news is that our son's room is DONE!! Well, remember when I posted about a room never really being done? There is a looming book shelf dilemma but as soon as the 7th coat of paint dries and one little errand for one final item is complete, I will reveal our B's room #2.
While we were waiting for 7 coats of paint to dry we did get some other fun projects done..... 

In prepping for upcoming house-guests, I've been trying to go through a stack of frames and pictures that we don't have hung yet and have been storing in the guest room.  There were a set of three frames from our old powder room that I had been wanting to put in our main floor bathroom.  Although, they were at one time a gift to my husband with pictures from the day of our engagement, they weren't great pictures (taken in our point and shoot days,) and I never loved the frame/picture combo.  I printed some pictures we took on last summer's beach vacation and love how they turned out.  I also have one particular picture from our Europe vacation I'd like to put in the largest frame but I couldn't find inspiration for the others.  I do really like how the frames work with the colors in this space and  I think I'll be happy with these for a few months at least!

the pictures in our old powder room


 
these two hang on a large wall above the towel rack

the larger is now adjacent to the sink


We've had one other teeny tiny project on our to-do list for some time.  I spotted this one on Pinterest and a quick search for "mason jar soap dispenser," should yield several simple tutorials.   I just handed my husband the parts and said, "wouldn't this be a fun project with your drill press?" This antique aqua mason jar came from my Grandmother's house and this is the only one that came with a standard lid rather than the really-old glass lids.  We bought the pump dispenser at Bed Bath and Beyond for $3.99.  I love the versatility of mason jars and especially love bringing small antique elements into our antique Tiny Tudor.


this towel shows the main colors in this bath



Our weekend even allowed for a little fun and I am certainly breathing a little easier.  My spring fever is still in full-force and I want to get lots done on our inside list so we can spend the spring and summer enjoying our yard and neighborhood with friends and family.



3 comments:

  1. Loving that soap dispenser! What a gem to have a family heirloom and a DIY in one. Great job, Heimers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't buy one??? Wah! :) Joking. Glad you are able to put past and present together so beautifully. (Normally they're tense.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I heart those beach photos and that soap dispenser is FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete